Tuesday 12 July 2016

That's it!

OK, so that's it - all the late night, last minute entries are added, so there are 39 quilts total in this round of the swap, with 33 players (I think. It's possible I can't count).

A few quilts don't quite meet the rules (a little too small, not quite square) but because I'm nice, I've allowed them in anyway.

If you've not played before/don't remember what happens next, here's what to do:


  •   Please send me your preference lists when you get a chance. Please try to include 10-12 choices of quilts you'd like to receive on your list (though of course, if you really don't like as many as that, you can put fewer). I will do my best to match you with a quilt high on your list. You can rank them strictly if you like (1, 2, 3) or in tiers (my three favourites are x, y z; next are a, b,c; finally I also like p, q, r) or even say things like "I really like most of these, and would be happy to get any of them except I'd rather not get my own back or have quilts x and q because they just aren't my style/I'm not a huge fan of bright orange".
  • It would be helpful if you'd include your address in your preference list, if you aren't sure if I have it.  If you played in round 9, I have it (unless you've moved, of course).
  • Once I get all the preferences lists back, I'll try to sort it all out so quilts go to people who want them, and people get quilts they like.
  • It's possible that your quilt won't appear on any choice lists. This has happened before. This does not mean your quilt isn't nice!  Sometimes there are other reasons - I've had this happen, for instance, if a quilt was a very particular style (e.g. Sunbonnet Sue) which didn't happen to appeal to most of the players in a given round; if a quilt was holiday themed (e.g. Christmas) but the swap finished at a time away from the Christmas holidays; if a quilt was photographed in a way which didn't really show it to advantage; if a quilt was quite plain/simple when there were a lot of showy pieces. If no one selects your quilt, or if only a few people do and I can't make the swapping work out, I will contact you to let you know that you will be keeping your own quilt. 
  • Sometimes, if there are a handful of quilts I can't match up, I'll check with those people if they'd rather keep their own quilts or try to do a mini-match among the handful of unmatched ones.


I'll be emailing the group soon with similar instructions, but first, I have to update my mailing list to remove those people who didn't get a chance to make a quilt this time around...

Any questions, just ask.

No comments: