Wednesday 22 July 2009

OK, that's it - now what?

Well, folks, that's it.

So, we have 27 quilts submitted to the swap, which is not too bad. Not quite as many as I'd hoped for, but I know it's been a busy few months for quite a few of us - myself included!

Here's what you do now. Sometime between Thursday 23 July and 3 August, you should send me a list of the 10-15 quilts you would most like to own - ranked in order of preference (i.e. 1=most like to own, 2=second most, and so on). All the quilts are numbered, so just use the number. (e.g. 1=no 24; 2=no 15; and so on). After I get all the lists back, I will try to sort out who gets what. I can't promise you will all get your first choice. In fact, I should think I can guarantee that we won't all get our first preferences! But I will do my best to acheive a nice balance and hopefully we will all get something we really like. Frankly, I'm not sure there's a quilt shown I would be sorry to own, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Some of you may be on holiday during this choosing period - it IS summer, after all - but don't worry, I won't assign quilts until I get lists from all the participants. If this means that the choosing period extends beyond 3 August, so be it - but I will update the blog accordingly so you will know what's going on.

Hope that's clear! If not, just ask.

Oh, and just a note - I will be away from home from tomorrow afternoon (Thursday, 23 July) to Saturday afternoon, 1 August. We will have a laptop with us and internet access, but I probably won't be quite as readily available, so don't panic if you don't hear back from me straight away.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Kate -

I am so sorry I didn't make the deadline. I only had about 5 minutes work to do on my quilt but couldn't make myself do it. We had a death in the family & it's been harf.

Terri Coty

Terri said...

OOPS! I meant to say it's been hard not harf! LOL
Terri